UNIT 10: RECYCLING - TEST 3
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. reuse b. compost c. fabric d. mixture
2. a. plastic b. reduce c. metal d. glassware
3. a. package b. explain c. away d. instead
4. a. mosquito b. recycle c. deposit d. decompose
5. a. natural b. animal c. afternoon d. vegetable
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes
for the underlined word or phrase.
6. An astronaut would be killed if he or she _____ by a piece of rubbish.
a. was hit b. were hit c. was hitted d. were hitted
7. Milk bottles can be _______ after being cleaned.
a. collect b. thrown away c. broken d. reused
8. Teachers ought not to swear in front of the children.
a. should not b. need not c. could not d. don’t have to
9. It is not always easy_____good teaching materials in this field.
a. find b. to find c. finding d. for finding
10. It is important _____ students attend all the lectures.
a. that b. in order to c. to d. 0
11. He began his talk ____ an apology.
a. from b. with c. at d. on
12. Your money iS going to be _____ if you’re not careful.
a. steal b. stealing c. stole d. stolen
13. ____ is waste from the body of a large animal such as an elephant or a cow.
a. Compost b. Dung c. Garbage d. Fertilizer
14. She has already ______ his cup five or six times.
a. refilled b. reused c. reduced d. recycled
15. Your breakfast ________ up to your room tomorrow morning.
a. will take b. will be take c. wifi been taken d. will be taken
III. Choose t’he words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. The can was finally opened by a spoon.