A. Yes, it is B. It’s very hot C. No, it isn’t D. Yes. It’s sunny, isn’t it?
20. It’s very hot! let’s go swimming, ___________?
A. shall we B. should we C. do we D. don’t we
21. I think you’ve seen this picture before, ___________?
A. don’t you B. do you C. have you D. haven’t you
22. If you freeze water, it ___________ into ice.
A. turns B. is turning C. will turn D. would turn
23. Plants___________ if they ___________ enough water.
A. die/ get B. will die/ don’t get
C. die/ don’t get D. would die/ didn’t get
24. Neither of them will be treated preferentially, ________ ?
A. won’t they B. will they C. won’t them D. will the
25. Sandy ___________ dinner 4 times this week
A. has cooked B. have been cooking
C. has been cooking D. cooked
26. Why are your hands so dirty? – I ___________ my bike. I have yet to finish it.
A. repaired B. have been repaired
C. has been repaired D. have been repairing
V. Write complete sentences, you can add more necessary words.
27. New York/ be/ one/ smartest cities/ North Africa/ many years.
28. New York/ have/ significant number/ universities/ and/ university- educated population.
29. It/ just/ start/ largest bike- sharing campaign/ world.
30. New York/ also gain/ leadership/ offering/ open data/ public/ more than 2400 database.
VI. Read the passage and answer the following questions
I find it absolutely fascinating thinking about the future, as technology is rapidly advancing
and in 40 years time, who knows what we’ll be able to do with it. Scientists have recently
predicted that by 2050 the population of the world will be over ten billion and technology will
have advanced so greatly that we will have far more information about all known diseases (and
possibly cures), we will all be living in eco houses and will no longer face sky high electricity
bills and we may even be able to take a holiday to Mars.
Our daily lives will most definitely be littered with all kinds of new technologies that help
us do the things we hate the most in 2017! House Robo’s will be a likely feature in all homes and
will help run the family home, take out the rubbish, prepare food and hoover the house from top to